Advantages of computer networking?
the main advantages of networks are:
File Sharing - Easily share data between different users or access it remotely if you store it on other connected devices.
Resource Sharing – Save money by using network-connected peripherals such as printers, scanners, and copiers, and sharing software among multiple users.
Share a single Internet connection - This is cheap and can help protect your system if you secure your network properly. Increase your storage capacity - Access files, photos, music, and other multimedia stored remotely on other computers and network-attached storage devices.
Network computers can also help improve communication in the following ways:
Employees, suppliers, and customers can exchange information and communicate more easily
Your company can become more efficient. For example, network access to a common database avoids entering the same data multiple times, saving time and avoiding errors.
Employees can share customer data to process requests and provide a better standard of service
Cost benefits of computer networking?
Storing information in a central database can also reduce costs and increase efficiency. for example:
- Employees share access to customer and product databases so they can handle more accounts in less time
- Centralized network management, requiring less IT support
- Save money by sharing internet access with peripherals
- By allowing everyone to work from a single source of information, you can reduce errors and
- improve consistency. This allows you to provide standard versions of manuals and directories, and regularly back up data from a single point to ensure consistency.
More info: Computer Network